- NEW! Designed for Nylon String Guitars!
- IBeam Bridge Transducer Pickup for Nylon String Guitars
- Element Under-Saddle Pickup for Nylon String Guitars
- Miniature Preamp/Stereo Mixer
- Remote Control II (volume and blender - does NOT obscure soundhole!)
- End-pin strapjack
Designed for Nylon String Guitars! The iMix Nylon includes the IBeam pickup for Nylon string guitars, which has a notch in the pickup to accommodate the center brace found on most nylon string guitars. The iMix Nylon also includes the Element pickup for nylon string guitars, which has wider string spacing that the Element used on steel string guitars.
The iMix Nylon from LR Baggs combines the IBeam and the Element pickups with a miniature in-body preamp/mixer and the Remote Control II fingertip controller. The entire system is completely contained within the guitar, no outboard electronics required.
If you want the benefits of a dual source sound but do not want to haul around a bunch of outboard gear or cut your prized guitar for an onboard preamp, the iMix is the perfect solution.
LR Baggs IMix - The iMix combines the award-winning iBeam and the high-performance Element with a miniature all-discrete class A FET preamp/stereo mixer. With the acclaimed fidelity of the iBeam and the presence and feedback resistance of the Element, the versatile iMix is ideal for any venue. And with its adjustable mid contour controls for both the iBeam and Element -- and a low cut control for the iBeam -- perfected tone is available for any guitar.
The iMix is engineered for guitarists that play in diverse situations and environments: the multiple-award-winning iBeam delivers fidelity comparable to the world's best studio microphones (see The iBeam Challenge), while the Element offers presence and stability to accommodate the demands stage use, such as cutting through a loud mix. The all-discrete class A preamp/EQ is built with quality components designed to naturally support the pickups' unique characteristics, and features contour controls that give you the power to breathe even more life into your sound.
Remote Control II - Exclusive soundhole-mounted dual controller, the Remote Control II, is a big advantage for stage use. It attaches non-destructively to the underside of the soundhole, and puts master volume and mix controls at your fingertips.
Note! The Remote Control II does not obscure the soundhole, and is nearly invisible - the older version of the IMix included the original clamp-on Remote Control model, which partially obscured the sound hole.
Installation - There are several pieces to this comprehensive system. Here is how it all fits together:
- The IBeam pickup mounts under the bridge, inside the guitar. No installation jig is required, just position the slot over the center brace in the guitar.
- The Element pickup installs under the saddle, and requires a 3/32" hole at one end of the saddle slot.
- The miniature preamp/stereo mixer mounts on the inside back of the guitar with double-sided tape
- The Remote Control II mounts with double-sided tape under the edge of the soundhole
- The strapjack installs where your endpin is, and requires a 1/2" hole
- No holes are cut in the guitar body - everything mounts internally (except strapjack)
- We recommend using an experienced luthier to install this system